Home Cookies index contact ThisThat Image Map

Friday, June 11, 2010

That Most Famous Mouse







These were for Kyle's First Birthday!  I must admit that when I got this order I was a bit excited for two reasons.  First, it's always special when you're asked
to play a small part of such a big celebration as a baby turning 1.  What can be more special than a "First Birthday"?  Second, this was my first chance to make that "Famous Mouse"!  They were sooo much fun to make!  The big Mickey was made from a cookie cutter that I picked up on vacation last summer at Downtown Disney.  I knew I'd use it someday.  The smaller ears were two cutters that I made using one of those "Make Your Own Cookie Cutter" kits.  I have to say that I was really quite simple to do, and I was pleasantly surprised at the results and how well the cutters worked.  It sure beat having to cut all those ears by hand!  I found a Walt Disney font online and thought that would add a finishing touch to the whole platter. 

Happy First Birthday, Kyle!!!  Hope your big day is very special!  Thanks for letting me play a small part in your special celebration.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Deluxe Designs