Home Cookies index contact ThisThat Image Map

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One Year Ago......

It just hit me.....!!!  It was at this time of the year, one year ago, when I began this crazy obsession with cookie decorating that has: 

*kept me awake loooonnnnnnggggg after everyone else is sound alseep

*made me into a cookie blog and flickr addict....only to hear my kids say,  "You're still looking at cookies!  Not again!"

*caused me to look at everything in terms of "How can I make
that into a cookie?"

*allowed me to develop friendships with those who share the same crazy passion for baking and decorating....even though I've never met them

*brought mucho satisfaction in the creativity department....I think I like thinking out of the box when it comes to coming up with  a  new design..why use a cutter...that's too easy...create your own design!  Hey, it's a cookie, stupid, just decorate it!  That would save HOURS in the design process stage, and probably would afford more hours of sleep since most of those inspirational hours are pretty late!

*delight in the satisfaction of knowing my little sugary creations have brought joy and happiness to people, and not to mention calories and buttery fat, and sugar and more sugar to peoples'diets!  
 
*made gift-giving pretty easy.  Who doesn't like a gift you can eat! Plus, they come in all shapes and sizes to fit everyone's tastes!

*made my kids into budding cookie decorators.  It's fun to see what they come up with when they realize there are extra undecorated cookies and I turn over the remaining icing bags to them.

Yes, all of this has come about because of Teacher Appreciation Week last year when I decided that I was going to make the kids' teachers cookie bouquets after finding a brochure for a large chain cookie bouquet company that I some how had picked up many years previous.  I'm not really sure where or why I picked that up and saved it.  Looking back, I guess the hand of God was at work when I picked up that brochure.  It has lead me to today....an outlet for my baking passion, creativity urges, and joy in bringing a little bit of joy to someone else. He knows what he's doing!

Look how far I've come since last year...



I feel the need to apoligize to Ms. LeBlanc, Mrs. Reed, and Mrs. Hollier for using that AWFUL tasting ready made Wilton fondant on these cookies.  I hope the rest of the good-tasting stuff I made for you guys made up for these.  I was so excited how these looked, I didn't bother to taste the stuff!  Needless to say, my cookies taste much better today.  No more Wilton fondant for me!
Even my photography skills have gotten loads better.  What the heck was I thinking taking pictures like this???

Anyway, just a little reflection on my part from then, to now (see post below). 

Happy Cookie Anniversary to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Deluxe Designs